It was built in the last century to guide navigation in the bay of the Seine. The first stone was laid in 1839 and was inaugurated in 1850. located 7km of Honfleur and standing in land, its scope was 40km. It was designed for monitoring boats that went up the Seine estuary. Brought up to 132 meters, it was decommissioned in 1907 and then sold at an auction in 1923 by the state.
The lighthouse today
The lighthouse in classified as a historic monument since November 2010.
Currently, Mrs Durand, the recipents granddaughter who lives there. The owners have partly converted into cottages in 2000.
Exceptional views of the Seine Estuary and the Normandy bridge
There are five rooms with bathrooms and toilets with a view over the estuary and the Normandy bridge to which access is restrictes with the escalation of 164 steps. Once up there, residents gosp: the views of the Normandie bridge, the estuary and le Havre are impressive! The lighthouse is an unusual place and the scenery is guarantied.